12826847

I was verbally abused whilst passing a council cleaner on council

Customer Question

I was verbally abused whilst passing a council cleaner on council property, she has been arrested and charged and I also complained to her council employer, they do not uphold my complaint as the cctv was faulty and did not record the incident which she denies. CAn I sue the council ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
For what ? What loss were you caused? What financial loss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am harrassed everywhere I go.... by this person .. I am now on medication for acute anxiety. I wasnt the stalking to stop. Had the CCTV been in full working order, I could have proved the allegation of harassment. as it stands, I am still harassed and can prove nothing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To be wholly honest, you would struggle to sue the employer.Quite apart from the fact that there seems to be dispute over the facts alleged, which would defeat any claim, her employer is not liable if she goes off on a frolic of her own that has nothing to do with her employment.In any event, the only point to suing for harassment is to get a restraining order which cannot be done against a company.Further, there is no real quantifiable loss. I'm very sorry but that is a reality.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not atall.. I a clutching at straws really.. i'm close to a nervous breakdown and was hoping for closure, thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.