Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My 16 year old daughter is subject to a residency order in

Customer Question

My 16 year old daughter is subject to a residency order in favour of her grandmother who she despises and has emotionally abused her for years not allowing contact with me, her mother or father or any family member. Now she is 16 she wants a relationship with me and I wish to take her on holiday. Her grandmother claims that as she has parental responsibility, as do I her mother, that it is illegal for me to take my daughter on holiday. My daughter wishes to live with me later on this year but her grandmother says she cannot leave until she is 18?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Residence orders usually only last until 16, unless the court specifically states that it is to last until 18. Have you seen the residence order? Can you confirm what it says?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.