Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My boyfriend was arrested this morning... he hurt me and told

Customer Question

my boyfriend was arrested this morning... he hurt me and told me he would kill me and then himself. i am a strong person, but i cannot get a man off of me, especially one that i love. he is russian and comes from a family of physical abuse, from his father.
he is a good man, but his father has hired a solicitor and he is not to speak to me on his side of things... why is this when i am the one who has been harmed? do i proceed with pressing charges or not? his father scares me... and i just want to feel safe.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. It is likely that it is a condition of his bail that he is not to contact you (and possibly return to the home) - he is basically released from custody whilst the police undertake their investigations which will include taking a statement from you about the incident and then decide whether to proceed with the matter to court or if it can be settled by offering him to accept a caution. Has he tried to contact you or return to the home? Whose name is ***** ***** in, and do you own or rent it? Do you have any children together?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.