12826847

I got a lease on a commercial property the landlord is a solicitor

Customer Question

I got a lease on a commercial property the landlord is a solicitor of goldwaters in Newcastle. The property has radiators all round it but the boiler is in the building next door which he also owns and won't give me access to. At the same time he did not say or tell of the whereabouts of the boiler in the lease. What I want to know can he do this? He is now taking my house off me now as well.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
Who is responsible under the lease for maintaining the boiler?Can you control the heating to the commercial premises without accesss to the boiler?The house is, presumably, a different matter? Are you as tenant of the house or do you own it? If you are a tenant what type of agreement do you have? If you own it , on what basis is he trying to take it away?Michael