13262538

I am helping my daughter to buy a property and have gifted

I am helping my daughter to buy a property and have gifted her the deposit and I am a joint mortgagee. The bank is insisting that I take independent legal advice and won't release the funds without appropriate evidnce from a legally certified representative. The problem has arisen at the very last moment in the purchase process so it is very urgent that I get this problem solved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.For clarity - you are named on the Mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made a gift of the deposit money and have no interest in ownership of the property.
I understand that if the mortgage falls into arrears that I am liable for the debt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
Are you still on-line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.Will you communicate on line or continue with text?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.For clarity - are you hoping that this service can provide the "independent legal advice"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I think so. I believe I know the risks involved in entering into the contract so I just need evidnce that I have spoken to a solicitor. Simply put I want a letter from someone showing that they have spoken to me and explained that there is a risk if I default. Can you provide that?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sadly no we are not able to do that - this is in effect a question and answer forum - and what the bank is looking for is a letter from a solicitor whose Insurance they could claim against in the even of a problem (cynical but sadly true)You will need to find a local solicitor who is willing to do this.It may take some phoning round as insurance fingers have been burnt in the past!Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - expect to pay up to £100 - no more