12826847

Madam I have been living in the UK since the age

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I have been living in the UK since the age of 15, accompanying my parents who had limited leave to remain visas. After my father's passing away in 2008, I applied for indefinite leave to remain but my application was lost in the Home-Office and after a few years of going back and forth with my solicitor my application was rejected. However, as the political situation in my home country had worsen dramatically and my return to my home country could result in serious consequences for me, I was granted refugee status. In 2014, I received my travel document (blue document) which expires in 2019. My question is do I have any humanitarian grounds to apply for UK citizenship before 2019, as I have been living in the UK without interruption for 11 years (I am 26 years of age at the moment). I do not feel any affiliation with my home country, as I left at a young age. I did not travel to my home country since becoming 18 years old.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Amir, Can you better explain the situation. When were you granted refugee status? Was this in 2014 or earlier? What years did you live in the UK as a dependent to your parents limited leave to remain? For what period did you not have a visa and the lawful right to remain in the UK? What is your home country?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. BauchaillApologies for the late response, I was granted refugee status on 13th of October 2014. I first entered UK as a dependent to my parents on 1st of November 2004. My father passed away on 28th of December 2007, but our Visa was valid until 22nd of July 2008. After my father's passing away, I consulted a solicitor and applied immediately for indefinite leave to remain through him. It took a few years of going back and forth for Home Office to finally reject my application. I received the rejection letter in 2013. I was born in Iran.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.