75100385

Is it illegal to put a tracker on someone's car without

Is it illegal to put a tracker on someone's car without their knowledge ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Daughters marriage has broken down after 21 years and her husband, a mechanic has fitted a tracker to her car.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
He can't do that, unless its his car of course. If it is her car, he can not do this. She should inform the Police. This could be considered as harassment.If it is his car, he may be entitled to know where it is, but again this could be considered harassment.As such it should be reported to the Police.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex