12826847

I have a problem i am convicted in my country to 2 years

Customer Question

Hello i have a problem i am convicted in my country to 2 years in prison for drink and drive commited 4 years and 10 mounths ago. i was not present at any term onli to indictment with my layew and after that i was in uk at work. i wasnt aware of stage of the trial becouse my lawyer told me all is fine and i can stay and work in uk . now i got sentece to 2 years in prison and is definitive. My question is if i am whayting for European arrest warrant can i ask to have trial here in uk becouse in Romania some people with money can kill while drink or drugs an have a suspension conviction and i hit 3 cars without casualties and i am convicted after 4years and 10 mounths to prison?
thank you for advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this happened in Romania then you can only be tried there. The U.K. Courts do not have jurisdiction. There isn't really a way around that. Whether they would enforce an arrest warrant is another matter. Sorry if that is bad news. Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they will enforce an arrest warrant can i ask for retrial? will extradition help me have an retrial?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That would be an issue for Romanian law. I don't know whether it has followed a similar path to the UK. Most jurisdictions have an appeal route but whether it is engaged here is another matter.