75100385

I own land sharing a boundary with a forest owned by Natural

Customer Question

I own land sharing a boundary with a forest owned by Natural England near which is a public footpath. I am concerned that walkers may cross that boundary do damage or come to harm. There is a pond nearby.
I have asked NE to make their boundary and thus trespass clear, they have declined. I am not presently insured against any risk. Also that by not providing any fence, might I ever be seen to be negligent?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Potentially yes. This is because under the Occupiers Liability Act 1984 states:(1)The rules enacted by this section shall have effect, in place of the rules of the common law, to determine —(a)whether any duty is owed by a person as occupier of premises to persons other than his visitors in respect of any risk of their suffering injury on the premises by reason of any danger due to the state of the premises or to things done or omitted to be done on them; and(b)if so, what that duty is.So yes you have a duty to protect even if they are not invited.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/