12826847

I have recently asked evidence speeding

Customer Question

I have recently asked for photographic evidence for a speeding conviction 37mph in a 30 zone. My question is does it have to show the make, model and colour of the vehicle as this cannot be seen in the picture which is of poor quality and you can only just make out the number plate? Could I argue that if they couldn't see me clearly then I could I see them clearly from 60 metres?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. In fact, they dont have to supply a photograph at all. The only reason that they do is to identify the number plate.If the number plate is visible and it is a car registered to you at the DVLA then your S172 obligations are engaged to name the driver.Sorry if that is bad news.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you for your answer. I still want to contest it as they were not visible from 60m, had no reflective strips on vehicle and there were no speed camera signs.
Regards Glenn
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a ground I'm afraid.There is no need for either reflective strips or speed camera signs. What they are not allowed to do is obscured the speed limit signs.