12826847

I ORDERED A SUITE & CARPET FROM SCS IVE HAD 2 DELIVERY DATES

Customer Question

I ORDERED A SUITE & CARPET FROM SCS IVE HAD 2 DELIVERY DATES FOR THE CARPET NO ONE TURNED UP EITHER TIME. AFTER A LETTER OF COMPLAINT TO THE HEAD OFFICE WHOM HAVE NOT RESPONDED & A LETTER TO THE CHELTENHAM STORE. BOTH POSTED BY SPECIAL DELIVERY. AFTER MANY PHONE CALLS THE STORE SAID I COULD CANCEL THE CARPET BUT NOT THE SUITE. IVE MADE A LOT OF PHONE CALLS THAT ARE NOT RETURNED. IAM UNHAPPY WITH THE SERVICE & DONT SEE WHY MY HARD EARNT CASH SHOULD GO TO A COMPANY THAT DOESNT DESERVE IT. I WOULD NOW LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I GO FROM HERE
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to cancel the suite
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you paid already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £40 deposit cash. they have no bank details. just my driving licence as my bank card had been stopped cos of an online scam
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume that you didn't agree that time was of the essence as far as the delivery went?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 different days were given each time I had to keep calling to find out where the carpet fitter was. 1st time they said they would get back to me. no response. I rang back an hour later. said they would find out and ring me back. 0nce again they didn't return the call. husband sent an email. once again no response. we phoned the next day. they told us at 11.10 a [fitter would be out Monday morn. once again no fitter. we were having days off. the carpet was for the livingroom. all furniture was in kitchen. so had to keep moving furniture had to keep being moved between rooms each time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. did you agree time was of the essence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. we had no carpet nor underlay it was very cold without both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the carpet has been cancelled as far as we know now. its the suite I need to get cancelled. they are clever as the suite and carpet were on two separate contracts. the suite contract says you can amend the order for 7 days but it cannot be cancelled. all items were ordered on the 31/1/2016. the carpet should have come on the 24/2/2016. then 28/2/2016
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Could you tell me whether the words 'time is of the essence' are in the contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that for the carpet or suite?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant see time is of the essence on either contract
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
ok. No problem.When was the last delivery slot?