29905560

Can I trace someone I have taken court action against via

Customer Question

can I trace someone I have taken court action against via their email, because their address is bogus ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. It may be difficult to trace someone by their email alone because anyone can make up an email address and it is not automatically linked to any other information which may identify them. So you cannot just link an email to a name or address as it will depend on whether that email is used elsewhere and if the information provided at registration is genuine. There are websites where you can search by email and it trawls through dozens of platforms to see if this email has been used elsewhere and if it can be linked to an account there, from which you can try and establish who is behind the email and gather other information, such as an address. Alternatively, there are sites where you can search a person’s address by their name and city of residence, so if you know who they are and where they are based you may be able to use that instead. None of these methods guarantee that you will find these details but it I still worth trying. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the specific sites which you can use to search for this individual, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.