12826847

I bought a car last jan 2015 and needed to change tax to disabled

Customer Question

i bought a car last jan 2015 and needed to change tax to disabled iwas told at post office i needed to send to dvla as it couldnt be done therei asked about registering new keeper and they said i should send all documents together,i needed to contact dla to have a new tax exemption certificate as it was a change of car i applied and on receiving it sent all original documents as requested to dvla i sent new keeper form ,original insurance certificate,mot,dla certificate and a letter explaining circumstances,last week i broke down and called rac to be told on dvlas system it was showing as no tax mot it was expired tax jan 2015 mot april 2015 i had insured the car which runs out tomorow march 21st 2016 .please help i dont know what to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what i should do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i do about this its saying i have no tax or mot when i sent off all the documents last year
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To achieve what? Obviously you cannot back date the tax and MOT.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no documentation as i sent it all to dvla which they obviously havnt received as it says its not taxed ot mot i have no log book or mot on tax on car how can i drive it and renew the insurance ,what should i do contact dvla am i going to get in trouble over this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont pay for tax as i said i was sending free tax form in needed it to be changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thought you was supposed to be helping and giving legal advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have gone offline during a conversation havnt answered my question i want my money back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.