12826847

My husband and I have been renting a property six

Customer Question

My husband and I have been renting a property for about six years now and our Land Lady has not done any repairs at all. We have paid for an electrician to sort the dodgy electricity out, the old shower leaked from day one and we asked our Land Lady for a new shower, her reply was "maybe we can work something out between us", but we heard nothing else about it. My husband contacted her to say that we had to take the shower out as the water was rotting the floor boards and causing the bathroom wall to be damp. We had tried to seal it on many occasions. We have been robed twice now, the first time she got her boyfriend to replace the pane of glass in the back door, the second time we paid for it to be replaced our selves. The robbers stole our rent money and our savings along with our laptop and various other things and we still had to find the money to pay our rent for that month. Last October the boiler broke, so we contacted her about it and she got an engineer out to look at it, he said that the boiler was obsolete and got just the water to heat up, so we have had no heating since then. Now the boiler has completely packed up. We used to have to pay our Land Lady by cash, but we opened a bank account and we transfer her rent money every month now since the robberies. We are saving hard to get out of this property, but we can,t move out until at least this October as we still have to pay full rent and our council tax along with other bills. My question is do we still have to pay full rent up until we leave without a boiler?. When the boiler broke she said that she can't afford a boiler and never got back to us, we are afraid to make a fuss as we need to live here until we have the money to move. Please help us with some advice. Thank you x
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,What is it you want to achieve please?