JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

Is it possible to file without the other partybecoming

Is it possible to file for divorce without the other partybecoming aware of my address.
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Thank you for your message.In response to your question, you will need a correspondence address for the Respondent and the Court to contact you so I would suggest noting an address (obtain permission from the occupant) perhaps your workplace or to a friend or relative. You can rent a mailbox at a commercial premise but check with them as you may have to sign up to a contract term. Please note that my answer is only applicable to Divorce petition proceedings. If you are applying for a financial order (settlement for your finances), you will need to provide all personal information including your home address. I hope the above helps. Best of luck, Kind regards Krystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.
Thank you for your rating