Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have just received my concent order and in our mediation

Hi I have just received my concent order and in our mediation it was agreed my pension would be in my favour. Before I sign it is just want to know should it state the percentage of the pension arrangements and should it be in favour of my employer?
David Ellis
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. It should state your pension details but it does not need to state details of percentage if there has been no agreement for pension sharing. What is the exact wording?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exact wording is:-
"The pension arrangements" shall mean the Respondents pension in favour of the Fire service.
My employer is the london fire brigade, I just need to know that this is OK?
I'm worried she might try and get more out of me at a later date.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - this is just a description referring to what the order means when referring to the "pension arrangements" and it should detail the exact name of your pension provider as detailed in your pension documents - so if it is London Fire Brigade it should state that and not the Fire Service. It should not state "in favour of the Fire Service" as it is in your favour, not the Fire Service. It should state: "The pension arrangements” shall mean the following:the pension arrangement/plan held by [you] with [insert name of scheme/plan provider] with policy reference number [insert].The order or agreement regarding the pension should be detailed later in the order.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** ask them to amend it.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hope it goes well. In the meantime please provide a positive rating as I will not be credit for assisting your without a positive rating. Thank you