12826847

I've had enough; corrupt police, corrupt politicians,

I've had enough; corrupt police, corrupt politicians, endless wars, dishonest media, .... Is it lawful to opt out of all laws (Acts) passed by Parliament? Claim personal sovereignty (renounce citizenship) and live a hermits life.More specifically: Adhere to Common Law, but do not to participate in anything that involves the government. Do not pay taxes and do not receive any benefits (eg. no NHS, no state pension, ....). On a practical this will restrict your lifestyle, and how you interact with society / companies. eg. No driving license, no car, .... and no name.As additional background information, I understand that the English legal system is as follows in outline:Common Law is based mostly on precedent and absolute morality (where there is a right and wrong). eg. It is morally wrong to harm others or their property. These are the laws of the land that apply to all people in England.Whereas, Acts (Statutes) created by Parliament (the legislative branch), are simply the rules that exist. There might be a moral argument for the laws, but this is often a relative morality of what is deemed best by Parliament. This includes the Magna Carter (1215), Bill of Rights (1688), plus all other Acts passed by Parliament. These are the laws that apply to all Citizens and subjects of the Crown.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm afraid not.If you live in the UK then you are subject to English law.The only way to avoid that is to move outside of the jurisdiction.I am very sorry but that is the position.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response. Exactly what law (Act) states this? I'll guess Bill of Rights? Magna Carter? Both of which are unintelligible to modern english language, sadly. But an Act is just Parliament saying that I must abide by their rules. It's not a law of the land (Common Law).If I claim personal sovereignty then Parliament has no jurisdiction over me. I realise that there's no Statute for this. But that doesn't mean that it's wrong or I can't do it (based on an ethical & moral argument) under Common Law. Man created government, so ultimately Government cannot be superior to man.This is just a legal question. I understand that the government controls the people with the guns, so they can force whatever result they want in reality, lawful / legal or not. In fact, I used to be one of the people with a gun (army). So Parliament are just a bunch of bullies.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Acts of Parliament take precedence over common law.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Parliament very definitely does have jurisdiction over you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I am not going to be able to research the relevant Act. That exceeds the remit of a Question and Answer site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks a lot for the clarification. It's much appreciated.Parliament might think it has jurisdiction over me, but in practice it doesn't have much influence, if any. It seems to be a lot easier to work within the legal system, than to fight it.