ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am getting divorce, my husband will only pay £30.000 for

i am getting divorce, my husband will only pay £30.000 for me so i sign off and take my name out of the apartment we own. will this money get taxed?
thank s
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I can confirm that you will not have to pay tax on the lump sum that you receive. Please do be aware that if you decide to invest the money then you will need to pay tax on the interest each year. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Caroline for your answer.
but i am confused. because i will take this £30.000 and put it in a deposit for a new flat to accommodate myself and my daughter.will that be considered investment even when it the only flat i would have after signing off the old flat we owned together?please let me know
thank s