JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

My name is ***** ***** me and my wife we are from Romania

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** me and my wife we are from Romania but we live in London, now we are on a stage when we need to divorce , my wife was cheating on me , can we divorce in uk ? We have nothing to share , and she will sign for divorce , we don't have children's , what do I need to do thank you
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoonThank you for your message.To start the petition you or your wife have to had permanently lived in the UK (England & Wales). If England or Wales has not been BOTH your permanent home, YOU must have been living in England or Wales for at least a year on the day the divorce petition is to be started or, YOU must have your permanent home in England or Wales and have been living in either at least six months on the day the divorce petition is to start.If you are still eligible, you must have your original wedding certificate and complete the attached divorce petition. The grounds for divorce are listed on the official Government website. Take a look and see which is relevant to your circumstances: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/grounds-for-divorce I suspect you will be stating adultery if your wife was cheating. Once you complete the petition, enclose your original wedding certificate and a cheque made payable to 'HMCTS' (which stands for Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Services) for £550. Send them all to your local Civil Court in the family/divorce section. Ideally you should seek legal advice from a Family Solicitor to ensure you meet the grounds for divorce and to avoid any errors. However, the Government website is user friendly so is a good starting point. I hope that helps. Best of luckKind regardsKrystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.
Further, if the marriage certificate is not in English, send an official translation of the marriage certificate Thanks