12826847

My initial contract of employment clearly states Communications

Customer Question

My initial contract of employment clearly states Communications Director as the job title and grade but after some months it became clear that the status I actually had was that of senior manager, which had less preferential benefits to the former and particularly in terms of bonus payments. I complained a number of times to HR and asked for rectification but this did not happen. When I joined the company I had an administrative assistant which was removed, over time without discussion. I was actually told that my level (not director) did not qualify for such support. I joined on agreement (albeit verbal but involving HR and the external recruitment consultant) that any flights over 4hrs would be business class - worked well for a couple of years but that now too has been removed without consultation or written notice. After three years with this current employer I am increasingly feeling like I am being pushed out. My role was recently re-advertised at the more junior senior manager level which I had little choice but to accept. Increasingly unhappy with my current employer and continuing to feel cheated after my first three years of employment, for the reasons previously stated, I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I presume you raised these concerns with the employer but nothing changed and you continued working under the new terms and conditions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I raised my concerns many times and was eventually told it was in 'my interests' to drop the matter.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
When did that happen, when did you stop pursuing these issues?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my follow up query above - when did you stop pursuing these issues?