75100385

I am self employed live in Leeds and done work

Hello I am self employed live in Leeds and done work for a company in Scotland worked for 3 months and only got a small part of the wages owed . I tried to resolve it out of court but have been ignored. I read through the stuf online for small court but as the the company is registered in Scotland can't go through the English court . Then when the on to see if I can file in Scotland under Summary Cause and I am stuck in Leeds and can't go for summons if I have to is there away of doing it online or to move it to my local small claims court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. You need to write and set out your losses and request full payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can do this by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.You can't issue online if they are in Scotland but once you get Judgment in England then you can transfer it to the Scottish Court for enforcement. So yes it can be done, its just a little more work than a regular Judgment in England and Wales.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have send by e-mail a set out of losses and the 14 day thing that date was last Friday but I had no reply
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then issue proceedings.You can do that.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/