12826847

In 2011, a temporary speed restriction was imposed on a section

Customer Question

In 2011, a temporary speed restriction was imposed on a section of dual carriageway during the construction of a leasure facility. I received a notice for speeding, but realised afterwards, that the date of the claim did not tally with the date of the restriction being in place.
I wrote to the Ticket Office twice to ask for photographic evidence and stated my assertion. Nothing more was forthcoming.
Two weeks ago, I received a Warrant of Control completely out of the blue.
I have made a Subject Access request for the date that is on record for the restriction applied and also for the date of the court hearing, (which I did not attend as I knew nothing of it).
I understand that traffic offences of this kind have to be brought within six months.
A report in a newspaper noted the comment of Gwyn Lewis.
"prosecutions appear to have been brought outside of the statutory time period and are therefore defective and unlawful"
The fine the bailiff wants to impose is a total of �675. I see this as a way for Central Beds Council to claw in more money to their coffers.
What are my rights if any?
I appear before the magistrate in Luton tomorrow.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, have you entered any plea yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Appearing before the magistrate tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I simply rang Luton Court and asked to speak before the magistrate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone actually going to respond?
I will wait two more minutes.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before i have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.I'm not sure what you are hoping to do about this?Please ignore the statutory issue. It has no relevance.