29905560

My daughter got a place at an independent school, but

Hi - my daughter got a place at an independent school, but never attended. We turned down the place in June for a Sep start. The school in question are now treating court action because they say we have to give 1 terms notice. I asked them to provide proof of financial loss, but they passed the case onto a lawyer. Can anyone advise if I should go to court and let the judge decide?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much are they pursuing you for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£3100 plus £900 in interest, approx
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Wow, where did all that interest come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She got the place to start in Sep 2014, then I heard nothing for nearly a year, now they want £4k