12826847

I have just divorced my wife and the absolute was granted

Customer Question

I have just divorced my wife and the absolute was granted two weeks ago. We have not sorted out the financial part yet however my new partner want's to get married in a few months time. Is there a problem with doing that or is it ok ?
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-cz780j3k- replied 1 year ago.
If your divorce has been finalized by the courts, there should be no problem with getting married in a few months. When you say you haven't "sorted out the financial" part of the divorce, what does that mean, exactly? And, is this what you're concerned about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been paying my now ex wife voluntary maintenance for the last 3 years, she wants it formalised so my partner doesn't try to make me stop the payments. I am not sure which is the best way to do that, pension sharing is an option but very expensive if you have to employ an actuary. I am not sure the best way to solve that problem
Oh boy...that wasn't part of your formal divorce agreement? I think we might want to put this question back out there for an attorney to answer. I thought it was a relationship question (I'm a psychologist). Would you like me to get ahold of category moderation to send you over to an attorney?
I know that maintenance payments depend on how long you were married, your income, and your status - but I don't know how to navigate the details, especially if it hasn't been court-ordered.
So, if you're saying you'd like to voluntarily continue making the payments, I'm not sure how to counsel you. All I can offer is that if you want to continue making them, you can certainly do that. Since they're not formalized now, I doubt a court would "formalize" them, unless you were married for a very long time, so you'd probably have to broker an agreement with a lawyer, etc. And, this doesn't make much sense to me since you're doing it voluntarily in the first place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes if you could change it so an solicitor can advise me I would grateful
I reported it for recategorization - best of luck to you!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow far have the financial negotiations actually reached?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex wife and I still chat and have been considering pension sharing, we have an understanding that I will give her £300 a month. We have both asked for our pension cetv's but no financial negotiations using a solicitor has taken place. At the present time we are waiting on cetv's
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What has happened to the Matrimonial Home and what income do you each have?