12826847

If invoices were falsified gain what Is the potential

If invoices were falsified for financial gain what Is the potential conviction. The financial gain was solely for the company owner and not for the workers doing so.
Hello what was the value please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not get determined but potentially thousands. It is first time offenders and under the direction of the employer. It is looking like they are trying to pin all blame onto 1 employee
Who was defrauded ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A health service that needed work completed
Is this is a publicly funded health service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just worried if an individual is being scapegoated for "the good of the company" even though they were no more to blame than the other parties involved..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think a private company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Private health care
OK. Are you asking what the sentence would be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes would there definitely be a jail sentence or what would be the usual punishment
It depends how much is involved.The advantage here is that it isn't theft from employer so there isn't a breach of trust issue in quite the same way.However, it is a sophisticated fraud. Custody is possible. If it is over £10k then it is a real risk.Under £10k in circumstances where it is not theft from employer and custody might be avoided.They will have to prove this was deliberate defrauding rather than just a mistake though.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there was no financial gain for the employers themselves but more for that of the employer under their direction. However the employer now claims to know nothing about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your help Jo
Well, that isn't very likely to be accepted. No point in frauds that don't benefit the individual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.