12826847

My sister died in January this year, without leaving a will,

Customer Question

My sister died in January this year, without leaving a will, or at least none that could be found. I am sure that she wanted me to benefit entirely from it. However my solicitor says this is not possible as I have two nieces and the estate can only be divided between the three of us in 3 equal shares despite my sister having a dispute with them and myself doing all the work involved, acting as administrator and many other things that were required. Can there be no challenge in cases like this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstFor clarity - your nieces have different parents?