75100385

Bought a car from a garage in Yorkshire. When I got back to

Customer Question

Bought a car from a garage in Yorkshire. When I got back to Bicester, found faults on car.
took cat to a Mercedes Benz Garage in Aylesbury. The MB garage found a number of serious faults on the car which required immediate attention. Supplied quote to garage in yorkshire did not like MB prices, I found alternative cheaper sources close to Bicester, by email and 24 hours later was given the go ahead, by email, that new prices were acceptable and to send invoices to garage in Yorkshire for payment. The two garages who did the repairs, contacted the garage in Yorkshire and were told Mr Temple would pay after repair work was carried out and Mr Temple to submit the invoices. Submitted the invoices to garage in Yorkshire, with further two letters asking for payment. (The invoice and letters were by registered mail and the garage did receive the correspondence, as I have signed copies of POST OFFICE confirmation of receipt of correspondence) NO REPLY from January until today. I have not contacted the garage, but have observed on the internet that the garage has a lot of dissatisfied customers, who give up when the garage ignores requests for payment for repairs. West Yorkshire Trading Standards know of this garage, but do not appear to be interested in "SMALL CLAIMS", now that they are funded by local government and not national government.
What we here is a rogue trader who is abusing the legal systems at present in place, to the detriment of the consumer. I wonder how many other rogue traders there are out there?
The name of the garage is VINE MOTORS at present (The name changes when the bad publicity gets unacceptable) but all payments are to HIGHLINE MOTORS (BRIGHOUSE)
Mel Temple
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Was it new/used? How much did you pay? How old is it? How many miles does it have? How much are the repairs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answers to Alex W questions:
A) Used Mercedes car
B) Paid £4,000, less £1,500 for my Mercedes car, therefore £2,500
C) Garage rang 48 hours later to say my old Mercedes, needed a new torque converter, at £1,000, garage new I was keen on the new Mercedes, because of the low mileage (86,000 mileage, for a 2003 model). I suspect fraud took place, because my old Mercedes was sold within days of the phone call
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?