Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I was recently arrested offences. From possession with intent to supply class and

I was recently arrested for 7 offences. From possession with intent to supply class B and possession with offensive weapons, ect. Lots of the things found were in my car and I had never seen nor touched. My fingerprints will not be on these items. I have been bailed.
My main concern is that the police raided my houses and took my electronics. This is a problem because I'm self employed and need my computer and laptop to work. Without getting these back I will go bankrupt and have no money within 1 week. I will not be able to afford to eat.
I have contacted the police through phone 5-10 times and visited the station once. Every time they have told me I will be contacted by the women in charge of my case. She has never been in touch. I need to know when I will get my belongings back but the police are ignoring me.
My computer is the most important tool to me, however they have also seized my car and consoles.
When will I get these back? Are the police allowed to ignore and l
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor based in London.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, as of now I'd rather not pay any extra to get help. I'd just like a reply.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Whether you can get the items back really depends on the reason why they are being kept by the police. If there is an evidential reason for the police to hold onto these items and they can justify their decision then unfortunately you will have to wait until the end of the investigation . However if you believe that these items are not relevant to the matter being investigated and should be returned to you because for example you need them for your business then you can make an application to the Magistrates Court under the Police (Property) Act for the return of the property. When you make such an application and the police have to attend and explain to the court why they are holding your items and justify not returning them to you . If the magistrates take the view the item should be returned and they will make in order to that effect otherwise the police will be able to hold onto them until their investigation and/or the case is completed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
As far as the officer not returning your calls is concerned then the best way of dealing with that issue is to make a formal complaint against her. However the complaint will be considered sub judice which means that although you would have lodged a complaint it will not be dealt with until the investigation against you has finished.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Can I assist you any further?