75100385

We rent a commercial property on a industrial estate - we have

We rent a commercial property on a industrial estate - we have rented this property 15 years + - 7 years ago our landlord was in talks to sell the estate - for houses to be built - in the meeting with the tenants it was agreed that a new trading estate would be built to relocate some of the businesses, we have now heard that the landlord has again sold the estate and all the tenants ( about 50 in total) have got to be out by February 2017 - but we haven't been given notice. Are they allowed to do this?? Sarah
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sarah my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When does your lease run out please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have an roll on lease (yearly) we sign a new lease in November 2015 till February 2017
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What does it say about notice or automatic renewal please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Normal it doesn't say a lot - but the new lease signed in November - we was never given a copy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What does it say about termination? Is it described as a lease or licence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lease - 60 day notice - either side
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - its bad news then I am afraid. If the property is to be sold and you only have an annual contract you only have protection up to the renewal date and this is assuming you are give 2 months notice. If you are not then it rolls over for another year.However if you are given notice there is nothing you can do - as it is an annual contract. If it had been the case you have a fixed say 10 years contract then they couldnt make you move until the expiry of that.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome