13262538

Me and my partner have been separated years and I am

Customer Question

Me and my partner have been separated for two years and I am going to apply for a divorce on the grounds of separation for 2 years. I have spoken to my ex and he will not contest this fact. I am wondering how much evidence I need to prove we have lived apart for those two years….
Is it just a case of putting a statement on the divorce application saying that we have been separated for 2 years and the dates this happened and that is enough?
I don’t want to submit an application and it is thrown out.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.That is indeed all you need to put in the application.However do not issue until your ex has confirmed in writing that he agrees to a divorce on those grounds (voice of experience there)Please ask if you need further detailsClare