75100385

My son is currently on remand in prison , he was assaulted

Customer Question

My son is currently on remand in prison , he was assaulted by his ex partner and son before handing himself in to the police as he broke the conditions of a restraining order, why cant he files charges against his ex and son for assault ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What makes you think he can not file charges for assault please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has been told by solicitors he cant press
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes he can. If an offence has been committed he can make a complaint to the Police.The Police will then investigate the matter and if there is enough evidence for a prosecution and its in the public interest they can charge.If an offence has been committed he should report it. He is not prevented from doing so.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY PHONE NUMBER IS *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex