12826847

I recieced a CCJ on Feb 2015 which I only found out about last

Customer Question

I recieced a CCJ on Feb 2015 which I only found out about last month through experian. I rang up the company and paid the money owed. However, the debt was from 12 years ago. And I had not made a payment in 11 years ( roughly, I don't know the exact date). Can I get the CCJ set aside as the debt would have been statute barred so a CCJ should never have been applied for?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm afraid not.That is a defence to the substantive action not a ground to set aside the CCJ.There may have been grounds but it is too late because you have paid.I'm very sorry but paying the CCJ brought an end to the challenge effectively.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is substansive action?.So there is nothing I can do? Even though a CCJ was issued to a debt that was statute barred.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I had not paid it I would have been able to get it removed?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you had not paid it there may have been an argument. It is not guaranteed but it would have had a chance.