How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

How can I get my money back that was invested into options

Resolved Question:

How can I get my money back that was invested into options trades with coffee and IPO option trades (Virtnext) that have not been implemented so far - I have asked for withdrawal - no response.
Companies involved are: PLUSTOCKS LTd. - full service broker - with address on 12.3.2016:***** 210 Shepherds Bush Road, London, W6 7NJ, United Kingdom
United Kingdom: +442038072319
Email:***@******.***, before: 8 Baden Place, Crosby Row, SE1 1YW, London, United Kingdom
and the other company: BJ VOIP LTD., operating the broker platform: America Options, with address at 20-22, Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU
Tel : UK +442038085947
USA +19179796906
Tel : UK +442038085947
USA +19179796906
With all due respect,
Marta Terenova
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When you deposited the money, how did you pay? By bank transfer or credit card? Did you sign any terms and conditions when you joined the company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By bank transfer.
Yes, in both cases there were specific contracts signed from my part.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Do you have the wording used in the signed contracts that allows you to terminate? Kind regardsAJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The coffee contract had clearly fixed the second (last) expiry on March 16 - the money was not invested from the account from the part of the broker. Money is there. But they are not sending it back. So a clear breach. And in the second case the IPO of Virtnext stock was all the time postponed - was supposed to happen at the end of December, then sometime in January, then on Febr. 29 - that is why we asked for the money to be sent back on Febr. 28 (as it could drag on in this way for a year or even longer as the situation looks like now) - they have not sent it back until now. There is a lot of money involved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have suspicion of fraud. What can I do then?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Is the sum of money less than £25k? As you have a UK address where you can serve proceedings I would consider suing them. Do you suspect they did not actually make the trades? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Alex.
Re your last response: I do not have a UK address - but could arrange for it for the purpose of serving proceedings.
But in my opinion suing them could be a rather lengthy process, and the result is not certain.
Is there no other way how to get money back when I have all evidence about the transfer, contracts not honoured, etc.
No preliminary injunction or something similar? Thank you for your response. Marta T.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Anything you are proposing involves court i.e including an injunction in fact an injunction would be even more expensive. You could serve them with a statutory demand for the money, this would put them under pressure as at the end of the 21 day demand you could then petition for their insolvency (liquidation).
Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to understand you really well and not to make some silly mistake: first to serve them the statutory demand for the money - using form 4-01? or form 6-01? Would that be sufficient if I send it to their e-mail/e-mails and Skype - and at the same time by registered mail to their registered office? And then after 21 days petition for their insolvency. Should that be addressed to the Insolvency Service?
How about filling-in the LIVE COMPANY COMPLAINT FORM through the Insolvency Service? Have it on my table right now.
I have already turned to Action Fraud Police - as in my opinion in both cases intentional fraud is involved.
Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. You could certainly report this as a matter of fraud but the process will be dealt with very slowly, if you want to recover money quickly you need to either sue them or put them under pressure. A demand on a limited company uses form 4.1. Kind regards AJ

Related Law Questions