12826847

I was issued with a parking fine in a private car

I was issued with a parking fine for parking in a private car park. However I did purhcase a ticket using the RingGo app, unfortunatly the Reg that was taken was a combination of my Make and Model. When i appealed to the provider they stated a broke their Terms and Conditions as my reg was incorrect. I then appealled to POPLA in which that was also rejected on the same grounds. I feel that their fine of £100 is excess, especially as they have had no loss of earnings as they did recieve money from me for the parking. If i did take this to court, would i have a chance?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How did this come to be the wrong index number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased using the mobile app from RingGo. I entered the information regarding my car but the reg was not asked at the time. This was auto-populated with BMW320. I tried to then rectify this, but as the purchase had been made, i could not change the number.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another vehicle? Was the ticket issued to that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only own the 1 vehicle, which is what the ticket was issued to. They have received the payment from me for the ticket i bought on the app (which i have a receipt for). But they still persist it was against the terms and conditions as the ticket purchased was for 'BMW320' and not 'LJ60KRZ'. I feel that a genuine mistake was made and i tried to rectify, however this does not seem to be enough for them.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry if I am missing the point but how did that come about? I know the RingGo system. I know that it is easy to apportion it to the wrong vehicle but not usually to a vehicle you don't own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I registered to the application RingGo in order to purchase a ticket for vehicle:
Make: BMW
Model: 320
Colour: Blue
Registration: LJ60KRZ.However after i had made the purchase i noted that under registration it did not display 'LJ60KRZ' but 'BMW320' (which is clearly the make and model). RingGo did not have a function to rectify this on my android phone. Even though payment had be made, the parking provider would not accept that i had made payment for car LJ60KRZ as i had made a mistake with the registration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After appeals to contest the fine they gave me they rejected them. This is clearly unjust as they have not lose and income because they did receive payment.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh yeah but the appeals system is pointless. I would never of suggested that you use that because all they do is identify people who are responding to their finds. It's difficult to say how this would go. The chances are fairly high they won't sue anyway but UConn stamp out the risk. The fact that it isn't registered to your vehicle is not the ceremony the end of the worlds as the trace will still be to your account so it should be possible to prove that you paid. The only question is whether or not a court would accept that you were not in a different vehicle although you could argue that there was no loss even if you were as they still received the money. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so to clarify, the fact that i did pay for the intention of my BMW (which there is photo evidence that i was using that car) and the fact i do have an invoice for the payment, it is unlikely that they will proceed or succeed in taking legal action against me?