29905560

Is there a time scale in respect to professional negligence

hi is there a time scale in respect to professional negligence claims i.e. 6/10 years ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what was the negligence for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
solicitors who were acting for me with my divorce in 2010
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Professional negligence claims must be brought in six years from the date of the alleged act of negligence. However, where the negligence only becomes apparent at a later stage this time limit may be extended. If an extension is sought, then the time limit expires three years from the date of knowledge of the facts which might give rise to a claim. So if the alleged negligence occurred in 2010, you may still be in time to make the claim. However if you are out of time because it is more than 6 years from when the negligent act occurred but you only found out about it within the last 3 years, you can still make a claim. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.