29905560

Ben I have added a further question to last nights

Ben I have added a further question to last nights discussion I await your response thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, can you please post the quesiton on here and I will respond, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben I typed a long screed at bottom of last nights discussion can you not see it there thanks John
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will try and see if I can access it and will transfer it to here
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok found it: Hi BEN dispute a pre arranged meeting this morning with my MD this morning which was cancelled I did manage to catch him briefly this afternoon. Instated i had taken advise and that they should not have made the three months deductions . I pointed out it has caused me considerable hardship - unable yo spy my mortgage and other bills and I've incurred bank charges too. I am basically not able to live on the amount they have paid me. I previously mentioned we moved from Surrey to Sussex and I had for the year 2014/2015 paid the difference of the fair my self and that this had been agreed. He stated he felt by moving any such contract would be cancelled. The company knew I was moving and never mention it causing a problem. He was rather dismissive. I failed also to point out to him today that after reviewing my payslips over the last 8 years the company have failed to or made incorrect pension payments .... I have been told this amount (over£5k) would probably have increased in value by over 50%. . I am going to write and email him the letter you suggested tonight, mentioning too that I had gone into work whilst signed off for stree against stress caused by his lack of communication and refusal to address the season ticket issue since I first queried it on January 25th. Based on what he has said today and me telling him that I am unable to live on the dramatically reduced amount due you think it is worth me mentioning constructive dismissal or anything else .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks been a night mare day I went to work this week despite being signed off sick through the stress of this - I can only junk after all the years of service he just wants me out without having to pay me off - I am at my wits end thanks for your assistance .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
So, moving location does not automatically cancel the whole contract. It may have happened if you were issued with a brand new contract incorporating the changes and removing the specific clauses, but otherwise the likelihood is that the same contract remained in place and just the individual changes were made to it, such as amending the location. If you are not getting anywhere by approaching this the way you have done then you may wish to add a bit more pressure. Mentioning constructive dismissal is one option but you can also now raise a formal grievance to try and resolve it that way. If you think this is not going to get resolved and you cannot continue working there, an alternative way out is to approach the employer on a 'without prejudice' basis (i.e. off the record) to try and discuss the possibility of leaving under a settlement agreement. Under a settlement agreement, the employee gets compensated for leaving the company and in return promises not to make any claims against the employer in the future. It is essentially a clean break, although the employer does not have to agree to it so it will be subject to negotiation. In any event, there is nothing to lose by raising this possibility with them because you cannot be treated detrimentally for suggesting it and it would not be used against you. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just so I'm am crystal clear - just because I moved over 18 months ago and I paid the difference in my fate last year it does not in any way alter the fact that for 13 years they have paid the ticket and st no point during the last 18 months have they mentioned / discussed / written that they would no longer be paying my fate from 2016 - meaning the original (no.n written) contract is not changed by my moving location ? I will wait your reply then word a letter and send it and see what response I get from him - unbelievable two directors working in a small office with a small staff of eight others that this is how he sees fit to treat people after 30 something years . Thanks again and I will be leaving more positive feed back and would not hesitate to recommend the service to others - happy Easter - John
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
They could try and argue that by taking over the payments you have agreed to cover these but this should have really been done with agreement by you and some discussions that this is what was happening. So you can still maintain the same argument you have had until now