13262538

After a very long dragged out divorce from my husband who is

After a very long dragged out divorce from my husband who is a solicitor despite the court order saying he should liaise with me over the selling of the property he has simply refused and used his solicitor who has sent many frightening letters and constantly bullying me. I have even received threats that he was making arragemnts to have all the furniture removed with 28 days and that he would apply to the court to take full control over the selling of the property. He has also held onto bills and simply had them transferred to my name after the court hearing. I had to make an application to the court with a penal notice attached to try and get things moving. He was ordered to pay £500 per month towards the running of the property and 50 percent of any other bills. I have now had to have several rings done to get the property up to standard and he simply refuses to split these between us.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the current position with regard to the sale?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been on the market since october 2016. Unfortunately as we could each chose an estate agents he has done nothing but cause problems. The house is large and in 4 acres. These properties do not sale quickly especially at this time of year. i have worked hard to get the property fit for selling. I have heard this week that he is changing estate agents again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My solicitor for the divorce, who has been amazing, said that after my ex decided not to liase via emails, that as there was very little do until the property was sold as this would have cost more money, unfortunately it is apparent that all his solicitor has done is cause severe stress. I have this week asked his solicitors not to email me any further. The estate agents seem to feel that as soon as the weather improves and the trees are in leaf it will make a lot of difference in selling.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What does HIS chosen agent say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know who he is instructing now. i would add in strict confidence that I received a visit from The Serious Crime Directorate two weeks ago to warn me that they had had information that there was a threat to the house. It then appeared that my ex husband had been attacked in his home by a client of his and received jaw damage. It seems that a collection of jewels that I have were under threat. A check was made on the security to the property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I stop the letters from his solicitor that have done nothing to help the situation. They truly are appalling. I really think that I should report her because of the stress this has caused.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What about the last agent he chose?How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no mortgage. In regard to he last agents he instructed he has caused them problems. The property is on the market for 1.1 million. I enquired about auction the property but the auctioneers have said that it would need a dramatic price drop and they felt it was better to wait an sell on the general market. The agents before the last ones had a lot of problems with calls from my youngest son ringing up pretenting to be my ex and continually making completes.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
OkSo the Agents are confident and are clear that you are doing nothing to hold up a saleWhat is his solicitor saying you have done wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have checked wit the agents and they just say that it is not a property that will sell over night and that when spring is here they feel sure it will sell. his solicitor has constantly stated that i am holding up matter and at one time because i could not let agents in to take pictures as i was ill that I had lost a buyer for the property, this was simply not true. Mainly she just contrantly threatens me with me with the Court Order which only seems to apply with me. I have had emails stating that the furniture would be removed at a certain date an that her client was going to apply to the court to have the sale passed on to her client. Now she is asking that as her client is broke i should get the house and grounds cleared up for spring and as he is financially broke I should pay and then retrieve the money back from his after the sale. I dread to open letters from her as it appears that great pleasure is gained by her and my e husband in sending such letters. None of the letters have helped the matter progress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The emails mainly state that I am hindering the sale and it imperative that I comply to the court order. When i have forward bills that have gone way above the £500 he contributes, I pay the household insurance which is £4,500 per year. She is insists that when things are in broken that her client requires two quotes for repairs. I have asked her time and time again not to sent emails that are threatening and very intimidating.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the letter heading is she a member of Resolution - the Solicitors Family Law group?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see if she is. Is this important?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company is
Stephens & Sons
Railway Street
Chatham Kent.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Would that be Mrs Deborah Nicholson?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears that both her and my ex husband get great pleasure for ridiculing me. The emails are you mist do this you must do that. As am example my oven broke and has not worked for some time. I did email and ask if i could just buy one but no they want to quotes. The same with the garage door. This is proving impossible to get these quotes.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
She is indeed a member of Resolution.You may be interested to read their Code of Practice herehttp://www.resolution.org.uk/editorial.asp?page_id=26You need to write a clam letter to her (or email) setting out a Chronology of what has happened since the Order for sale and enclosing emails or letters from the Agent confirming that you have done all that is necessary to promote the sale.Point out that it is her client who has breached any court orders.Then point out politely that as a member of Resolution she is bound by the Code of Practise and that she has breached it in her dealings with you.Tell her that any further breach will lead to your reporting her to Resolution.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details