12826847

My step daughter and her partner have just withdrawn all contact

Customer Question

My step daughter and her partner have just withdrawn all contact between myself and what i consider to be my grandchildren, to them I am gramps.
The age of the boys are 5 and 9 years, the older child is not the child of her current partner and the boys father has no objection to me having contact. My wife still has contact but because of the issue with me it makes contact diffecut
The issue has only come to the surface in the last couple of weeks after what i considered a petty argument over football shirts, I was assaulted in my own home by my stepdaughters partner on the morning of mothers day in front of my wife. We went away for a holiday and upon our return we have been informed of their decision.
Do you consider that I have a case. If asked the boys will say that they want to see gramps There are hundreds of images of both children with me and i consider that it is in the childrens best intrest to have contact with me.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In order to provide you a full answer please confirm:-what were the contact arrangements for you previously?-Are either your or your partner blood relatives to the children?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.