12826847

Does a private citizen have a right to monitor another without

Customer Question

does a private citizen have a right to monitor another without permission
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, sorry, was caught up in easter, lol. Well there are 7 yrs of thigs to impart tomyou. I made a perfectly reasonable complent agaisnt a fellow tenants and since hen they have gone out of their way tomget anything they can on me by camera, tape recorder and even hearsay. the stress is ironically making me do stuff
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In what was specifically are they monitoring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
voice, all facets inc private conversation and fone calls, then putting the worst possible spin on their content
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But what I need to know is how are they monitoring?What are they doing specifically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pocket tape recorder or similar facility on mobile fone, pc type camera
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is no reason they cannot do that per se. They are not bound by the DPA if this is a private recording.Anybody can record conversations if they choose to do so.Similarly with CCTV they are free to use those devices.What they can't do is make vexatious contact with you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That would amount to harassment.But recording alone would not. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, excellent answer, can you just pls confirm they are allowed to use the information purely to get somebodyelse in trouble?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There are restrictions upon playing back recordings under the DPA but they don't often stop use of the evidence in criminal courts. They are allowed to evidence gather in this way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo, best of wishes to you too, am trying to rate you but %his site hard to type on, Grant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jo, will need to deliberate on that, and reply asap. grant
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, no problem.Whenever you like.