75100385

I agreed 24 hours in advance with my tenant that I would visit

I agreed 24 hours in advance with my tenant that I would visit her flat with my fitter to check measurements for a new kitchen I was installing. A few days before I had also discussed with her having new carpets put in and some painting done and had also arranged for a plumber to put in a new shower. While the fitter was measuring the kitchen I briefly looked in the other rooms to check about having all these things done. Afterwards the tenant said I had no right to go anywhere in the flat except the kitchen because I had only mentioned the kitchen for that visit. Is she right about this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Had it been discussed to inspect the other rooms or was the understanding that the purpose was to measure the kitchen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only mentioned measuring the kitchen for that visit.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then that should have been the only reason, so yes your tenant is right. If you had said that you would inspect the rest of the property there would be no issue whatsoever.But the fact you intended to visit the property for measuring the kitchen you went beyond the agreement you had.However its unlikely anything in reality could happen because of this, you were authorised to enter the property, you just went beyond the remit of what was agreed.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex