Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I supplied and fitted some double glazed windows for a

I supplied and fitted some double glazed windows for a builder back in September 2014
I have all e-mail and text messages saved, the builder has not contacted me for a year now, after promising me payment (£1650.00) no payment has been received,
last year I payed for a small claims action costing £105, but nothing called be done without taking court action, at the time I could not afford to do this, please advise on what to do next,
mr mark ******
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

The small claims online is a court claim. Did you follow this through , where did you get to in the procedure?

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the county court business centre on the 10th april 2015,
I was told the defendant did not respond, I was told a court would have to enter judgment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not follow this up, due to work I found it difficult to find time,

You simply have to apply for judgment using a court form, you are nearly there in terms of getting judgment against him.

There is no fee to pay.

You can ask your local Citizens Advice Bureau for a legal appointment for help to complete the form.

Once to have the judgment you need to send it to him demanding payment within 7 days.

If he pays quickly the judgment will not affect his credit rating so he may pay otherwise there are other ways to enforce the debt.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please respond and I will be happy to reply .

Best wishes

Michael