75100385

HiI will apply on LR basis using SET(LR) form using

I will apply for ILR on LR basis using SET(LR) form using HO's Premium service to get the decision in the same day. In the section E3 it says "Have you or any dependants who are applying with you received any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example a caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties in the UK or any other country?"
In my last 10 years I have no offences except one. Around 5 years ago, I was fined £50 for dropping a cigarette butt on the street. Regarding this office I don't exactly remember the date and year and have no documents with me.
So please advice will I say yes or no to this question in E3. Please support your advice with explanation and reference to the section of the law your advice is based on.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
How long do you think may be the wait.?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can wait for 2-3 days if i get a good detailed answer.
Thank you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Lets wait for another a day or two. Please keep searching..
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was this a fixed penalty please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think it was called fixed penalty notice, fpn
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Ok, although you should declare this, there will not be a record of it.That is because its a non recordable offence. So no one will know about it as its not held on record.So in theory yes, but in reality no one will know about it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The community police handed me a paper and said i need to pay 50 gbp within 14 days or i will have to go to court
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Ok. But as I have said, its a non recordable offence so wont be a record of it on a Police computerDoes that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Alex , thanks for your time. I appreciate your effort. I am a bit confused, as you said i should declare this even though this is a non recordable offence , but does anywhere in the home office regulation specifically asks to declaee such offences. I tried to look for this in the ilr application form as well as in the policy guidance but couldn't find anywhere. The application form ask to provide information about criminal offences and plenties related to criminal offences only. I will appreciate if you can clarifythis.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Yes indeed. This is not a criminal offence so you dont need to declare it. As I have said its non recordable so wont be stored anywhere.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Alex
Thanks again for your support. After your last response I am now more confused. In the early of our conversation you said I should declare my FPN but in the last you said I don't need to declare. Can you please be more conclusive in your advice. Please provide link to the reference (immigration act/law) that will support your idea. Please provide me the link to reference where it says FPN offences is not recorded on any government agency's system. Please provide me the link to the reference where it says for ILR FPNs must be declared/need not to be declared.
I have only few days left to apply for ILR so please help me with my confusions.
Junaid
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
To be clear I am saying that in theory you SHOULD declare it.BUT as dropping litter is a non recordable offence, it you wont have a criminal record for it (the same as minor offences such as speeding, parking offences etc) then if you dont declare it, no one will know.Please see: http://www.genewatch.org/sub-551990ACPO later put out a statement saying that "ACPO has real concerns about the proposals to extend the taking of DNA and fingerprints for non-recordable offences such as speeding or dropping litter"Its not recorded anywhere. Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear Alex
Thanks for your response. Please provide me the link to the reference where it says for ILR FPNs must be declared or need not to be declared.
Junaid
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
http://www.kadmosimmigration.com/blog/good-character-for-ilr-and-citizenship
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Alex
Thanks for being patient with me and effort to answer my concerns.
Just two questions more and I will not bother you anymore.
1. If you were in my position, what will you have done. Mention about the FPN in your cover letter or not, keeping in mind that Application for naturalization specifically asks you to declare FPNs if there are any.
2. If I am given ILR. How will I apply to bring my child from Bangladesh. He was born in UK, lived with me and my wife for 2.5 years after birth. In november 2015 I switched to T4 from T2 but didn't include my wife and child with my application. During that time, my wife and son had leave to remain as dependent of T2 Migrant. After my T4 application approved, both received curtailment letter and left UK before their leave expired.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Junaid
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
1) I would not declare it. 2) Sadly that is a new Question which you will need to post on a new thread. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
If I could ask you to rate this answer before you go please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance, Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience