Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I retired some time ago and would like to transfer ownership

Customer Question

I retired some time ago and would like to transfer ownership of the property, which has no mortgage and at present is solely in my name, to my much younger partner.
What do I need to do for this?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Unless you are familiar with Land Registry forms and procedure, you do need to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor who will prepare the Land Registry Transfer document (TR1) for you. This will need to be signed by both of you, and the TR1 is then sent off to the Land Registry with the appropriate fee (between £40-£95) depending on the value of the property.Your Solicitor is likely to charge you approx. £250 plus VAT for dealing with the work for you.If you wish to do it yourself, you will need to download the TR1 from the Land Registry website and complete it and sign it and register it with them. if private individuals submit any application to the Land Registry a further Form ID1 will need to be completed in front of a local Solicitor- the form is to confirm that a Solicitor has verified your identity.I hope this assists and answers your question.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance to you.Kind RegardsAl