Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have filed divorce. When should I inform the UK

I have filed for a divorce. When should I inform the UK border agency about this as my soon to be ex (Bulgarian national) has obtained a registration certificate to work in the UK as a spouse of a UK citizen?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.As you have separated you should immediately inform the Home Office of this change of circumstance and that you have pursued a divorce. It will therefore be for them to decide how to proceed, which can include cancelling the spousal visa for her.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Haris,Thank you!
Just one clarification - the court decision is still pending, but the case has been initiated for which I have confirmation. Does this change anything?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the divorce is pending? If yes, then that is fine - the fact is you have separated and you are pursuing a divorce therefore the Home Office should be informed of this change of circumstance.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Haris,That's what I meant. Thank you very much indeed once again!
This fully answers my query.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No worries, hope it goes well. You can ask for me directly in future questions by starting your question For Harris