75100385

Hey, if I get phone numbers of customers who bought what I

Hey, if I get phone numbers of customers who bought what I was selling on Amazon.com, is it illegal to call them for reviews or how they are satisfied with my products? Or what about this case like ... someone asked to return what they bought and I called them and asked them why they wanted to return?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did they consent or agree to allow you to call them please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually no... I got the phone number when I ship the products to them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - unless they consent then sadly you cant call them. If they did consent then you can - otherwise it would be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 by using the information.So in short if they agreed or authorised it you are fine. If they had ordered directly you would have also been ok, but as its through a third party, they in effect control the data and permissionCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. thank you:) it is not good idea to call customer without consent in US.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have replied for UK law as this is where it was posted. But in the UK you cant cold call without permission
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? Alex