12826847

I would like to ask if someone was arrested and send after

I would like to ask if someone was arrested and send after 10 hours back home on a bail and after 2 months came back on police in date and time what police said. and was send home again and police told come back in 1 month but after 5 days they arrested that person and hold in jail. It's already more than 96 hours. is that mean person was arrested and being charged? can they send him home back on a bail?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is it for the same offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to be in custody for 96 hours without charge but it is very rare. They need lots of extentions from senior officers to get extentions on the time clock. The time clock is enforced pretty rigidily.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If it hadn't been a Saturday then I would have said they are holding him in until Monday morning court after charge but that isn't likely as it is a Saturday and a court would have been sitting.Also there don't seem to be any real grounds as there is no breach of bail.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they can bail him if he is charged. People are charged and bailed all the time.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The only issue here is that such a swift arrest would tend to suggest a further offence of some breach of bail conditions.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's been arrested Monday 8:30 today is Saturday but yesterday was bank holiday and Monday bank holiday again. is there any period time since he's been charged when he can be send home on a bail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i get any information from police about him if an not a family member? I don't know anything from him since Monday but no information about case only where he is and if he's been charged or waiting for bail
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They probably won't tell you anything even if you are a family member.If he has been in since Monday of this week then he has probably been charged and remanded I'm afraid.Or possibly he just doesn't want you to know where he is.He will not have been at the police station for that length of time without charge or release.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but if he was charged how long he have to wait to know if they can send him on a bail?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If they intended to bail him then he would have been released immediately after charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best.