Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I've just set up a website own new business in construction

I've just set up a website for my own new business in construction and have uploaded photos of work done solely by myself for a company I previously worked at for a year with no contract in place , I took the photos myself upon completion of each project shown in each image, since publishing the website my previous employer has messaged me saying that I have no right to do show his projects on my site, what if any are the laws on this and is there any advice you can give to help me?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see why not, provided what you are showing is the work you undertook on the projects and you say so.Advise him that you have spoken to a solicitor and been advised that provided you are not passing off the whole project as yours and being accurate about your contribution to the project it is legal .If you feel inclined you can offer to give them a mention assuming they were actually his projects.If there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respondBest regardsMichael