Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

A month or so ago, I asked about my legal rights to

Hello, A month or so ago, I asked about my legal rights to a house I purchased with a former boyfriend. We still own the house together and I pay money to him for the house every month. I have done this for seven years. I have been working outside of England for that long as well, but twice a year I come home for holidays and always stay in our house. We are good friends and have never had any problems with sharing the house. He is now dating someone and suddenly he is talking aggressively about the house ownership. He said that a lawyer told him that because I don't actually live in the house regularly, he has the legal right to bar me from entering the premises.
As I stated, I previously asked you guys about my legal rights in regards ***** ***** house. At that time, I was told that regardless of the living situation, even if I didn't pay any money, my name is ***** ***** deed and I have every right to the property.
My question is this, can he legally refuse me access to the house? If so explain how or why this is possible. What can I do about this short of selling my interest or buying his. Neither of us can afford that without taking a loan.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As your name is ***** ***** title you have a legal interest in the property which also includes a right to occupy the property no matter what the living arrangements are. He cannot exclude you from the property without a court order.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you