How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2725
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

A month or so ago, I asked about my legal rights to

Resolved Question:

Hello, A month or so ago, I asked about my legal rights to a house I purchased with a former boyfriend. We still own the house together and I pay money to him for the house every month. I have done this for seven years. I have been working outside of England for that long as well, but twice a year I come home for holidays and always stay in our house. We are good friends and have never had any problems with sharing the house. He is now dating someone and suddenly he is talking aggressively about the house ownership. He said that a lawyer told him that because I don't actually live in the house regularly, he has the legal right to bar me from entering the premises.
As I stated, I previously asked you guys about my legal rights in regards ***** ***** house. At that time, I was told that regardless of the living situation, even if I didn't pay any money, my name is ***** ***** deed and I have every right to the property.
My question is this, can he legally refuse me access to the house? If so explain how or why this is possible. What can I do about this short of selling my interest or buying his. Neither of us can afford that without taking a loan.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As your name is ***** ***** title you have a legal interest in the property which also includes a right to occupy the property no matter what the living arrangements are. He cannot exclude you from the property without a court order.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions