Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I sold a car to my daughters friend on a weekly payment

Customer Question

hi I sold a car to my daughters friend on a weekly payment they did agree on the price of the car but there is still 950 owing they gave me 500 deposit an the rest to be paid at 200 pounds per week but was never met so im wondering can I have the car repossesed
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am not sure if repossession is possible if there is no formal contract in place, however you will be able to make a money claim to court regarding the outstanding amount. Initially you should send them a formal letter titled "letter before claim" and outline the amount that remains outstanding and request a deadline for it to be settled. You should also state that if it is not settled by that date then you will pursue a court application for the money claim and you will be adding your court and any legal fees to the outstanding amount.You can then pursue the claim online here: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.