13262538

My mother has been left some money in my uncles will but she

My mother has been left some money in my uncles will but she had passed away three months before him.
My question is does the money now pass to my mothers next of kin which is myself
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat does the Will say should happen if your mother pre deceased him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the exact wording used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bequeath the sum of £---- to the named beneficiaries unto my sister in law Helga Dunbar
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Does it say anything at the end of that paragraph about what happens in general?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not that i can see
I will try to send you a copy of the will
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry but since there is no provision made for what should happen if one of the beneficiaries died before the Testator the money just reverts to the Estate and does not pass to the next of kin.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the answer I was hoping for
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am aware and sorry for that.I will admit that I am surprised that there is no general provision made given the very detailed nature of the Will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would there be any point in arguing the case
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sadly not - the Will is clear